Sunday, March 15, 2009

Online newspaper strategy from Ireland's Sunday Business Post

I read Ireland's Sunday Business Post online each week. The content is smart and interesting, especially David McWilliam's column, but equally interesting is the fact that the Sunday Business Post uploads its online content at 6pm on Sunday evening. That means that up until that time, a reader has to buy the paper newspaper if they want to read the content.

Now, it may be that this delay is just because the Sunday Business Post team takes that long to put the content online, and they would prefer to have it online from Sunday morning. But, my own personal experience is that when I can read a newspaper online on my Blackberry in the morning, I am very unlikely to buy that newspaper. So this may be deliberate.

Is the Sunday Business Post on to something here?

No comments: